Creation, objective and mission
Legally registered on November 2020 the Global Wine Tourism Organization and the GWTO Academy started promotion actions on 2021.
Committed to the socioeconomic development of wine tourism destinations, generating accessible processes and services that involve all citizens, especially destinations’ residents.
To achieve close public-private cooperation through the exchange of knowledge and best practices.
The union of a wide network of the main wine-producing countries and their companies, which seek to spread wine tourism around the world.
Promoting world Wine and Gastronomy Tourism within a framework of inclusive, supportive and responsible governance.
A new era of wine tourism, with a more ethical and responsible vision, for the recovery and benefit of rural communities.
Management and promotional
- Positioning the wine tourism Country-Brand in global markets as wine-agritourism destination.
- To host events in their territories (congresses, exhibitions, academic symposiums, B2B, award ceremonies, etc.).
- Participate in webinars GWTOtalks:
- matching public sector with public sector, and
- academic ‘hot topics’ (GWTO Academy)
- GWTO Economic Monitor of world wine tourism, on market intelligence and trends.
- GWTO Members will have the necessary information for their strategic decision making.
Access to specialized consulting services on planning and strategic management, marketing, communication, creation and development of products and any other areas, in favorable economic conditions negotiated for GWTO members. These international consulting firms will be selected by GWTO based on their proven experience and success.
- Branding through GWTO MICE. Participate, reducing costs, in the most important national and international events -Tourism Fairs and Congresses-, organized by GWTO and in others in which it is invited, promoting the international recognition of entities for its positioning in global markets.
- GWTO and GWTO Academy will make available the participation as speakers of its cloister list of internationally recognized personalities.
- Participate in FAM Trips with experts in Eno, Agro and Gastro Tourism.
- GWTO Quality Seal as a certificate of excellence, focused on guaranteeing the satisfaction of the tourist experience, through the implementation of the highest standards of comprehensive service quality, aimed at both establishments and Destination Management Organizations (DMOs).
- GWTO World Wine Tourism Marketplace where Members can promote and market their wine tourism offers and proposals.
- Cooperate internal and internationally with central, regional and local governments, private entities and academic institutions for the exchange of knowledge, in order to define a model of sustainable and inclusive governance, involving local communities.
- Establish links with academic institutions, facilitating the proposal and carry out training programs and research reports together with GWTO Academy, hand in hand with the Fellows’ cloister, counting on their advice in the promotion and development of those training courses of interest to their associates
For more information please don’t hesitate filling up this form: